HEAD OF HEALTH PROGRAMMES DEPARTMENT
CHAK is seeking to recruit a dynamic, self-driven health professional of integrity to head the Health Programmes Department.
This is a management succession process for the Head of Department who will retire at the end of the year. The position reports to the General Secretary and is based at CHAK Secretariat Office in Nairobi. The position provides strategic leadership in the development, management and delivery of health programmes, building partnerships with MOH, county health departments and donor partners.
- Provide leadership in the development and management of health programmes and services
- Develop departmental annual workplan and budget.
- Supervise implementation of health programmes and ensure monitoring and reporting of performance quarterly, semi-annually, and annually
- Develop health related project proposals for resource mobilization and provide technical guidance in their implementation
- Participation in MOH Technical Working Groups and ensuring dissemination of new health policies and guidelines to member health facilities
- Support capacity building of MHUs for service quality improvement and ensure compliance with regulatory standards
- Facilitate training for healthcare workers to build relevant skills for service delivery and continuous professional development (CPD)
- Coordinating Medical Officer internship training programme in member hospitals
Qualifications and requirements
- A member of Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Council in good standing.
- Degree in MBChB or related health fields
- Master’s degree in public health, health systems management or other relevant health specialties
- At least 10 years’ experience managing large-scale health programmes with five years in senior management position
- Experience in projects development, donor grants management, and reporting
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Broad knowledge of the health sector in Kenya and key global health issues
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-driven team player with high levels of integrity and professional ethics
Applications with detailed CV with names and contacts of three referees, current and expected remuneration, and copies of relevant professional certificates should be sent to CHAK Secretariat by post or email using the contacts below.
The General Secretary
P.O. Box 30690 – 00100 GPO,
Email: [email protected]
The closing date for receiving all applications is 4th October 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview