Reporting to the Regional Program Coordinator (RPC), the officers will be responsible for providing MEAL technical support, oversight to KRCS and its partners within the region. This will include coordinating and supervising KRCS MEAL resources and processes, implementation of monitoring and evaluation techniques, quality reporting of program results, and continuous assessment of MEAL capacities for improvement. The RMEOs are expected to develop and implement data quality assurance plan in the region, lead learning and reflection initiatives that inform continuous improvement, lessons learned, best practices and strengthening accountability.
- Develop and implement M&E frameworks, data management, and data analysis and results‐oriented programming, and reporting systems.
- Ensure quality of routine data and reports in the region through regular report review and triangulation and initiate capacity building initiatives for data quality.
- Lead program learning through documentation of lessons learned and innovative approaches for analysis and utilization of data for decision-making.
- Provide technical support through regular monitoring visits, supportive supervision, spot checks to projects and support coaching and training of staff and partners to improve M&E practices.
- Ensure utilization of appropriate reporting templates that facilitate the acquisition and aggregation of data.
- Regularly updates the MEAL guidelines and tools as well as lead the implementation and adherence across the program.
- Data reporting and analysis to inform the development of monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc reports.
- Assess the capacity of the implementing partners, implement and track capacity initiatives for effective monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning.
- Ensure adherence to national and other reporting requirements and strengthen the implementation of community engagement and accountability frameworks.
- Manage project evaluation and learning i.e., surveys, baselines, evaluations, joint projects monitoring and reviews / lessons learning workshops/events.
- Report program risks and performance data in real-time to the program team as appropriate.
- Build and maintain effective relationships, with team, colleagues and external partners and supporters.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least University degree, preferably in Public/Environmental Health, Mathematics/Applied Statistics, Social Sciences, or related fields.
- Over 3 years’ experience in capacity building, monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning for public health programs.
- Knowledge and experience in Kenya Health Information system and community health system in Kenya.
- At 2 years’ experience in developing M&E framework for HIV/AIDs, Key and Vulnerable population, Human rights intervention, Community System Strengthening.
- Grounded understanding of qualitative and quantitative methodologies in research and evaluation.
- Knowledge of community led monitoring (CLM) practices that integrates Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA), risk-based monitoring and implementation.
- Advance knowledge in computer packages and data management for large programs in Kenya.
- Demonstrated strong creativity and problem-solving skills.
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/careers to reach us not later than 23rd September 2023; Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.