We are looking for a skilled Painter to paint the interior and exterior of structures, buildings and other surfaces. An excellent painter is knowledgeable in selecting the right material for their job. They have experience in painting with various tools and in various heights and spaces while observing all safety measures. They must be reliable and deft as well as possess great attention to detail in completing their duties.
The goal is to deliver high-quality painting work.
Minimum Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the application of varnish, polyurethane, primer, paint, and other specialty coatings
- Choose premixed paints or mix the required pigment, oil, thinning or drying substances to match the color specs
- Perform exterior and interior painting of buildings, steel, equipment, structures, etc.
- Understand how to Utilize brush, spray gun, or paint roller to accurately paint various surfaces
- Responsible for loading, unloading, and preparing and cleaning of job sites, materials, and tools,
- Provide quality work and take corrective action for conditions that may affect job quality
- Prepare and protect work surfaces with drop cloths and masking
- Understand how to cut, replace and install all glassware as instructed
- Clear understanding of safety in relation to painting and glassware, responsible for the setup and execution of tasks on scaffolding and ladders
- Good knowledge of artworks and writing
Perform other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
Required Skills & Competencies
- Passed Government Trade Tests I or Craft II Certificate in the relevant Trade
- Three (3) years relevant work experience as a painter. successful completion of an apprenticeship
- Excellent knowledge of painting material and how to select, mix and apply them
- Solid knowledge of commercial and/or construction painting techniques
- Aptitude in using appropriate tools (brushes, caulking guns etc.)
- Good basic math skills
- Manual dexterity with excellent balance to work on scaffolding, ladders etc.
- Conscientious with great attention to detail
- High degree of professionalism and ethics
- Must demonstrate high levels of integrity
- Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
- We do not charge any fee for receiving CV’s or for interviewing.
- All communications will be through the official line and email
- PCEA Chogoria Hospital is an equal opportunity employer
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Candidates who meet above minimum requirements are requested to submit their applications and enclosing their detailed CV (with 3 referees), certificates, testimonials (including a letter from local Church Minister) so as to reach the Chief Executive Officer by 4 p.m on Friday 22nd September 2023.