Regen Organics is looking for an Electrical Intern to assist the Electrical Engineer in design and fabrication of electrical engineering projects, systems and equipment and in the creation of mathematical models based on Google Sheets and Excel worksheets to simulate the performance of design projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the design and fabrication of electrical engineering projects, systems and equipment.
- Assist in the creation of mathematical models based on Google Sheets and Excel worksheets that will be used to simulate the performance of design projects.
- Develop, interpret and edit engineering drawings (i.e. Assembly, P&ID and Layout drawings) and specification sheets used for internal and external reference.
- Assist in the troubleshooting of mathematical models, plant systems and equipment and lead the resolution interventions under supervision.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations that report on the status of engineering projects.
- Interacting with vendors to obtain price and product information that is used in the procurement of equipment, spare parts and supplies for engineering projects.
- Assist in project management by managing the performance of contractors in terms of quality, safety, schedule and cost.
- Assist in the preparation of equipment handover documentation, installation and commissioning.
- Assist in the design and implementation of engineering trials to test the optimal operating conditions of processes and equipment.
- Research into alternative technologies and performing cost benefit analysis of process improvement alternatives.
- A bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, MS Visio, Google Docs application Suite and MS Office Suite
- Good powerpoint presentation, written and verbal skills
- Knowledge of engineering principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of mechanical equipment and systems.