We are pleased to announce the vacancy for a Principal Information Systems Auditor – Audit Automation in the Internal Audit Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Brief posting description:
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Technology Audits and Audit Quality, the position holder will develop practical and innovative ways to improve audit delivery using analytics and automation technologies. They will also be responsible for:
- Running and enhancing the continuous auditing and controls monitoring program.
- Developing and maintaining a library of reusable data analytics models and programs.
- Building, deploying, and maintaining audit digital assets and analytics models.
- Participating in the execution of IT audits of diverse systems.
The position holder will also support strategic business initiatives by advocating for and enhancing the risk and control environment, and when appropriate, engaging, managing, and reviewing the work of external consultants and advisors.
- Develop and maintain a library of reusable data analytics models and programs with appropriate documentation of code, data dictionary definitions and functional specifications.
- Develop and support continuous auditing and controls monitoring routines around key areas of concern / exposure.
- Automate and suggest practical ways of improving audit work using analytics.
- Build and maintain dashboards and common data sets regularly required by audit.
- Promote the use of digital automation and analytics to improve the effectiveness of the Internal Audit’s risk assessment process and extract insights from historical, real-time, or predictive data.
- Leverage a risk-based approach to plan and deliver IT Audits in a Digital IT environment.
- Provide training to audit staff on how to develop and execute basic analytics.
- Build strong relationships with the big data and analytics team.
- Keep abreast with the latest technology trends and provide input to mitigate emerging threats.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, Business Information Systems, Electrical or Computer Engineering, Business Intelligence & Data Analytics (or related technical/business field) from a recognized university.
- Minimum five years of experience in IT and/or IT Audit, with three years in data analytics, data extraction, data transformation, and scripting experience. Experience in process-oriented financial and commercial audits is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in data analysis/mining and scripting languages including Python, R, and SQL.
- Demonstrated knowledge in advanced analytics field, including decision trees, machine learning, and natural language processing.
- Experience in visual communication of analysis (e.g., Qlik Sense, QlikView, Power BI, or Tableau).
- Programming/software development/data management experience.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the use of data analysis tools such as IDEA, ACL, or Teammate Analytics.
- Knowledge of Continuous Auditing and Monitoring and Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) tools implementation and/or use.
Knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of information systems governance and control principles, frameworks, and practices with an understanding of the concept of risk management.
- Strong working knowledge of emerging trends which have an impact on data analytics as well as digital technology (cyber security, cloud, mobile, social media, IoT, etc.).
- Good knowledge of key IT applications, application controls, and business processes.
- Knowledge of common IT and networking technologies (operating systems, relational databases, network/mobile technologies) including Oracle or SQL databases, Unix/Linux/Windows, etc.
- CISA/CISM/Google Data Analytics Certification or a related information systems audit or data analytics certification is an added advantage.
How to apply:
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.
Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
We are the leading telecommunication company in East Africa. Our purpose is to transform lives by connecting people to people, people to opportunities and people to information.
We keep over 42 million customers connected and play a critical role in the society, supporting over one million jobs both directly and indirectly while our total economic value was estimated at KES 362 Billion ($ 3.2 billion) for the 12 months through March 2021. We are listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE) and with annual revenues of close to KES 298 Billion ($2.5 billion) as at March 2022.
We were founded in 1997 as a fully owned subsidiary of Telkom Kenya before a 40 percent acquisition by Vodafone Group PLC in May 2000, and a public offering of 25 percent shares through the NSE in 2008. Under the management of Vodafone Group PLC, we welcomed Michael Joseph, as our first CEO, a few months later in July of 2000. He led the company’s growth to accommodate 16.71 million subscribers from the previous 20,000, largely owing to innovative products like M-PESA in 2007.
ABOUT THE TEAM
We are the leading provider of converged communication solutions in Kenya. In addition to providing a broad range of first-class products and services for Telephony, Broadband Internet and Financial services, Safaricom seeks to uplift the welfare of Kenyans through value-added services and support for community projects. To achieve all this, we are ever-reliant on our competent and dependable staff who make it possible for us to achieve greater heights for our customers.APPLY NOW
- Job Identification115
- Posting Date06/09/2023, 08:40
- Apply Before16/09/2023, 02:59
- Degree LevelUniversity
- Job ScheduleFull time
- Locations Safaricom Care Centre, Waiyaki Way, Westlands, Nairobi, P.O BOX 46350, 00100, KE