The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is a leading Africa-based, African-led, international research institution headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, with a regional office in Dakar, Senegal. Our researchers are contributing to the body of evidence about the critical issues in population health and wellbeing impeding Africa’s development in order to provide strong direction and recommendations to policy- and decision-makers at all levels. Our priority research areas are Human Development, Health and Well-Being, Data Science and Evaluation, and Population Dynamics and Urbanization in Africa. In addition to the research component, APHRC has other programmatic areas in Research and Related Capacity Strengthening, Policy Engagement and Communications and International programs.
The Spotlight Initiative Africa Regional Programme, APHRC and partner institutions have developed three courses on; i) Gender Transformative Programming, ii) African Union Human Rights Instruments, and iii) The collection, analysis, and utilization of reliable sex- and age-disaggregated data on violence against women and girls. APHRC seeks to engage a consultant to design an interactive and visually appealing version of these courses in English and French on its Moodle (Virtual Academy Platform) for a period of two months.
Scope of Work
- Design interactive self-paced courses within the Moodle environment.
- Effectively translate the virtual academy courses into visuals for improved online learning. The design should include text on screen, voiceovers, photos, simple motion graphics, icons and clip-arts, 2D animations, and the use of animated characters.
- Follow APHRC’s branding standards and house style when designing the virtual courses.
- Conduct a dry run for the courses to test functionality.
Qualifications & Experience
- Certification in Graphics Design.
- Certification in curriculum development using Moodle Learning Management System.
- Proven working experience with Moodle Learning Management System.
- Demonstrated understanding of tools such as HTML5 Package (H5P), lessons, and books among others.
- Proven graphic design experience using software applications such as Adobe Design Premium, Harmony Premium, In-Design, CorelDraw, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Adobe Animate, 2D animations, and Photoshop.
- Skills in video editing and screen-casting using available technology.
- Demonstrated experience in graphic production from the start to the published product.
- Good knowledge and use of new and evolving technologies and digital platforms.
- Ability to work with a team methodically, meet deadlines, and incorporate changes swiftly.
- Excellent communication skills.
Interested candidates to submit their proposals including a portfolio of illustrations, graphics and an online course curriculum developed to [email protected] and copy [email protected] . Please indicate ‘Moodle Graphic Designer’ on the email subject line. Applications will be considered until the position is filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center, Inc.
APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru
P.O. Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of vulnerable persons.