· Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and regulatory environment in the running of companies and keeping the Management up to date on all developments.
· Ensure records of Minutes and Resolutions are well kept.
· Support in arranging board meetings and annual general meetings.
· Draft agenda and timetable for board and annual general meetings.
· Prepare the Annual Board Calendar, Workplan and Training Plan.
· Ensure all statutory declarations are duly filed.
· Ensure the register of directors and secretary is up to date.
· Support the Company Secretary in ensuring timely dissemination of Board papers.
· Ensure timely submission of regulatory reports/letters.
· Ensure timely statutory filings.
· Regular review of governance documents.
· Support the Company Secretary in preparation of board papers among other functions.
· Support in planning for training of new and existing directors on corporate governance, duties and responsibilities of directors etc.
· Support the Company Secretary advise the Board on legal, governance, accounting and tax matters.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Law/Economics/BCOM
· A professional certification in accounts like ACCA, CPA will be an added advantage
· A professional certification in company secretarial
· Minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience in Banking, Insurance and Fintech.
· In-depth knowledge of regulatory environment and key regulatory guidelines affecting the financial services industry.
· Broad range of experience in the financial services industry with a focus on corporate governance, company secretarial and regulatory reporting & compliance