Food and Beverage Trainee
Food and Beverage Trainee
Reporting to the Training Manager, the trainee will be responsible for learning and familiarizing with various activities and operations within their departments. He/ She will be required to uphold company policies and requirements at all times.
Under the supervision of the Departmental Trainer and Training Manager, the intern shall learn to:
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Monitor operating supplies, equipment and reduce spoilage and wastage successfully.
- Ensure that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and always organized.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage items offered by the department assigned.
- Have the knowledge and understanding to explain and perform upselling all items offered by the department assigned as well as offering alternatives.
- Successfully perform opening and closing procedures established for the assigned outlet.
- Handle guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints and feedback to supervisors.
- Report guest complaints immediately to the supervisors and ensuring follow up is performed with the guest.
- Be knowledgeable to operate the existing POS system based on the trained responsibility level as assigned in the department.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the rules & regulations established in the hotel’s policy manual and the hotel’s policy on fire, hygiene, health & safety.
- Maintain a good rapport and work relation with staff in the assigned department and within the hotel.
- Attend and contribute to all staff meetings, departmental trainings and hotel-initiated trainings scheduled.
- Carry out scheduled inventories of products and operating equipment.
- Adhere to hotel’s policy on fire and safety as well as hygiene regulations including HACCP in addition to other policies and procedures.
- Ensure a flawless service to the highest standards and as required by the department and the hotel.
- Have a complete understanding of the monthly profit and loss statement of the department.
- Degree/ Diploma in Food and Beverage service from a recognized learning institution.
- No work experience is required.
- Less than one year since completion (2022/2023).
- Kenyan Citizen.
- Completed coursework (Even if not graduated).
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment.
- Excellent grooming skills and must be well versed in professional and personal etiquette.
- Good Communication skills.
- Out going with a positive learning attitude.
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realize their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
ABOUT THE TEAM
Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi
Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi is a Five Star luxury hotel situated on Chiromo Road, the hotel is just a 5-minute drive to the city centre, and 20 km from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.The hotel boasts of 200 stylishly-designed and tastefully-decorated rooms and suites spread on 10 floors, 5 themed restaurants, varied conference rooms plus Kempinski The Spa.