Applications Support Analyst
Job Title: Applications Support Analyst
Department: IT Department
Reports to: Senior Applications Support Analyst
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Application Support Analyst to join our dynamic IT (systems) support team. The Application Support Analyst will play a critical role in ensuring the smooth operation of our software apps, providing technical assistance to end users and contributing to the overall success of our organization.
- Act as customer liaison for the computing operation, communicating, resolving, and or initiating the resolution of problems and concerns
- Provide end-user training and conduct user acceptance testing.
- Provide technical support to end-users, resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the departmentsgoals by accomplishing related duties as required
- Monitor systems’ health and proactively identify potential issues to prevent downtime or disruptions.
- Manage user accounts, access permissions and security settings to protect sensitive data and maintain compliance with company policies.
- Assist in documenting system configurations, procedures and troubleshooting steps to create a comprehensive knowledge base.
- Participate in testing new software releases and updates to identify potential issues before deployment. Provide feedback to the development teams to improve software quality.
- Collaborate with the Infrastructure team to ensure holistic support for end users.
- Log and track support requests, incidents and solutions using the ticketing system and maintain detailed documentation of troubleshooting steps, resolutions and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or another industry-related field
- At least 2years of system/programming experience
- Solid understanding and experience with Windows server, Active Directory and networking concepts.
- Proven knowledge and experience with Microsoft Dynamics Business Central ERP
- Proven experience in Software application support or technical support roles.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Database including replication and backups.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose problems, implement corrective action procedures within set timelines or escalate problems to peers or supervisors for assistance.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills to diagnose and resolve technical issues effectively.
- Strong communication skills to interact with end-users and effectively convey technical information
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Familiarity with help desk ticketing systems and IT service Management.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and get things done to completion.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Result oriented and deadline-driven.
- Good scheduling and monitoring skills.
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent reporting skills.
- Adaptable and initiative
- Great team player.
- High Integrity and Confidentiality
If you believe you have high-performance culture, a positive mental attitude, and are self-driven, then apply using the following link; https://www.optiven.co.ke/careers/ on or before Sunday, 16th September 2023.
NB: All applications will be reviewed and shortlisted for interviews as they come on a rolling basis
- We do not charge for job applications and interviews.
- Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis.
- Due to the huge number of applications we get only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.