Job expires on September 27, 2023
Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture? The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom Bank” is the place for those looking to new horizons.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced professional and innovative individual who is excellent with all things Network in IT. If you are good at problem-solving, prioritizing, and multi-tasking with a keen eye for detail and the dedication to supporting our company’s IT network and infrastructure, then this is a job for you.
Reporting to the Head – Network and infrastructure Support, the Senior Network Engineer is responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance, and administration of the corporate data Network. Develops, coordinates, and maintains the network and disaster recovery to ensure uptime and business continuity. Documents all the ICT network components and manages the entire inventory. They will analyze network security needs and assist in developing standards, guidelines, and statements of direction for the corporate ICT system architectures and the Network security administrators.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Manage the performance of the bank’s corporate network to ensure that the systems work as designed and perform consistently and reliably in order to meet Business SLAs.
- Monitor the corporate network performance including SNMP, logs, events and maintenance of general systems health in order to provide proactive remedial support.
- Develop and maintain device access, control policies, data transmission policies, storage policies, Business continuity policies, backup policies, security policies, monitoring profiles, technologies, and notification rules that match compliance best practice expectations.
- Plan and implement timely product upgrades, firewall signature updates, and patch releases for all ICT assets
- Research and evaluate external technical trends & developments and evolving industry standards concerning technologies affecting networks, security, client/server and other platforms and their application to business systems. Research local and international technology trends in business to improve system performance, security and functionality.
- Define and document the various architecture components, including hardware platform, operating system, execution, development, operation, distribution and technologies related to networking systems.
- Install, support, and maintain network devices, attend to system failures, and resolve/coordinate resolution of issues.
- Establish and maintain business relationships with vendors, consultants, and other outside entities providing services to the bank. Negotiate contracts and appropriately monitor the performance of their services.
- Be the custodian of all remote authentication passwords for all connections to the corporate Network Infrastructure and ensure minimal external threat to information resources.
- Manage internal staff and external vendors to ensure that services are delivered promptly with the aim of obtaining zero interruption to business operations.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or an IT-related field from a recognized university with possession of Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) is a MUST.
- Wide Networking and project management experience with a minimum of 7 years’ experience in planning, systems analysis, design, support, and development of complex LAN/WAN infrastructure.
- Demonstrated experience integrating systems in multi-user, multi-platform, multitasking operating systems environments such as UNIX (AIX, Solaris), Linux (RHEL, OpenShift), and Windows.
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of TCP/IP, IP Telephony, and Firewall appliances
- A specialist in IT/ Engineering background with competencies in Network Engineering and good project management/consulting skills
- Excellent leadership skills with demonstrated ability to lead or facilitate mission-critical projects and to develop, participate in and lead multi-disciplinary work teams.
- Extensive experience in systems planning, design, development, maintenance and troubleshooting with a track record of accomplishment in large, complex WANs, LANs, and client/server-based systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of modern information security threats and competency in developing effective solutions.
- Demonstrated experience working with multivendor networking technologies such as Cisco, Checkpoint, and Avaya
- Extensive knowledge of Service Provider network and demonstrated experience working with SP equipment and protocols
- Demonstrated competency in project management in a cross-functional environment and experience in managing resources to meet goals on multiple projects.
How to apply:
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application letter enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] indicating the job reference number SNE/IID/2023 by 27th September, 2023.
We are an equal opportunity employer