Reporting to the Training Manager, the trainee will be responsible for learning and familiarizing with various activities and operations within their departments. He/She will be required to uphold company policies and requirements at all times.
- Under the supervision of the Departmental Trainer and Training Manager, the trainee shall learn to:
- Carry out or arrange for the carrying out of routine and emergency technical equipment maintenance, including system housekeeping and security procedures.
- Coordinate on equipment maintenance during banquet and other functions to ensure smoother operation is held and to ensure that equipment are back in inventory in good state of repair.
- Provide technical support to guests in banquets and all other areas including technical equipment when appropriate.
- Monitor and maintain adequate supplies of peripherals (cables, connectors, spares etc.).
- Ensure that the Kempinski Code of practice is upheld at all times and possesses a thorough knowledge of all standard operating procedures.
- Assist in the purchase of all AV equipment
- Maintain the AV control room(s) and to maintain the inventory of AV equipment in the hotel.
- Maintain current and up to date specifications of AV equipment with the Coordination of the IT Manager.
- Perform routine inspection of all maintenance operational areas and report any equipment malfunction to the IT Manager.
- Monitor the implementation of all energy conservation procedures and report any irregularities and non-compliance to the IT Manager.
- Manages and maintains Database Management Systems
- Ensure database integrity and security is maintained, data storage, archiving, backup and recovery procedures are functioning correctly
- Prepare crystal reports
- Solve technical and operational challenges in the scope of IT reported by users.
- To support computers in hardware and software malfunction in coordination with all the departments.
- To manage and prioritize any IT problems, impacting either revenue and/or the guest for quick resolution and pro-actively seek for preventative maintenance.
- Maintain complete record of the systems related inventory.
- Coordinate the timely repair of the faulty computer systems and equipment.
- Establish and maintain procedures of the backup and restoration of all data and programs in the system.
- Coordinate the data and emergency procedures in the event of system failure.
- Enforce security procedures for the timely revision of user access rights and passwords for all applications and network system.
- Keep all systems and software up to the current release.
- Advise hotel management on the existing and future systems being developed/implemented.
- Coordinate the investigations and timely of software faults reports or enhancement requests and maintain proper logs.
- Set up and maintain the office automation systems in the hotel.
- Support Systems, local area network, and wide system office.
- Handle all administrative in the information system office.
- Assist the users on the use of the information systems in the hotel.
- Prepare and maintain documentation n all hotel software applications.
- Maintain and inventory listing of all computer hardware in the hotel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree/ Diploma in IT from a recognized learning institution
- No work experience is required
- Less than one year since completion (2021/2022)
- Kenyan Citizen
- Completed coursework (If even if not graduated)
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
- Excellent grooming skills and must be well versed in professional and personal etiquette
- Good Communication skills
- Out going with a positive learning attitude.
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realize their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
ABOUT THE TEAM
Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi
Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi is a Five Star luxury hotel situated on Chiromo Road, the hotel is just a 5-minute drive to the city centre, and 20 km from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.The hotel boasts of 200 stylishly-designed and tastefully-decorated rooms and suites spread on 10 floors, 5 themed restaurants, varied conference rooms plus Kempinski The Spa.