Assistant Director of Sales
Assistant Director of Sales
The incumbent in this position will ensure that the yearly sales budget is achieved and surpassed by assisting to and cooperating with the Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Assist the Director of Sales and Marketing in the Management of the Sales Team.
- Attend internal Meetings and Conference Calls, and Client Appointments and Client Events in the absence of the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Responsible for key account management on an assigned account (base or geographic area), ensuring revenue maximization, achievement of personal targets and increasing fair market share versus competitor set.
- Responsible for prospecting new accounts.
- Responsible for all segments of assigned geographical markets, which may include, but not be exclusively limited to European markets.
- Conduct site inspections.
- Adhere to the Corporate SOP’s.
- Follow up of tentative bookings in the assigned markets.
- Detailed knowledge of competitor set.
- Detailed knowledge of all services provided by the Hotel and all relevant facts and figures of hotel.
- Responsible for timely contracting from the client base responsible for.
- SMART contracting to ensure optimum yielding during annual rate negotiations.
- Attend trade shows, sales blitz, workshops, etc. in the assigned markets.
- Assist the Director of Sales & Marketing in defining an annual sales action plan and execute set actions accordingly.
- Assist the Director of Sales & Marketing with the preparation of the annual budget by providing statistics and forecasts of account productions.
- Execute sales actions within set cost budget structure.
- Cross Sell other Kempinski Hotels.
- Aim to achieve the Company Sales Vision.
- Document all sales actions in SFA (S&C).
- Update OPERA contact database at all times.
- Understand, and follow the Company Sales Vision.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health & Safety.
- Ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported and rectified immediately.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- University/College level education in a relevant field is required.
- Previous experience in luxury hotels is required.
- At least 4 years experience in a similar position with strong knowledge of the hospitality market.
- Proven experience in Sales and Marketing in the hospitality industry with emphasis made on MICE and Groups & Event Sales, corporate and Leisure Consortia.
- Proven ability to meet or exceed sales targets and drive revenue growth.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills.
- Knowledge in a foreign language will be a distinct advantage.
- Presentable, well-spoken individual.
- Pleasant and outgoing personality.
- Fluent speech skills.
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure.
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realize their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
ABOUT THE TEAM
Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi
Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi is a Five Star luxury hotel situated on Chiromo Road, the hotel is just a 5-minute drive to the city centre, and 20 km from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.The hotel boasts of 200 stylishly-designed and tastefully-decorated rooms and suites spread on 10 floors, 5 themed restaurants, varied conference rooms plus Kempinski The Spa.