Reporting to the Training Manager, the trainee will be responsible for learning and familiarizing with various activities and operations within their departments. He/ She will be required to uphold company policies and requirements at all times.
Under the supervision of the Departmental Trainer and Training Manager, the trainee shall learn to:
- Ensure that mechanical technicians adhere to set working hours.
- Submit FF&E requirement to the Plant room/supervisor/Assistant /Chief Engineer.
- Ensure that quality workmanship is observed.
- Ensure quick and permanent solutions are implemented to avert re-occurrences.
- Perform periodic preventive maintenance for machines and equipment.
- Ensure close and hands on supervision of mechanical technicians.
- Plan and schedule maintenance of equipment without interfering with the normal operations and depending on the urgency.
- Perform daily check for Laundry and Kitchen Equipment.
- Ensure that the preventive maintenance is done as scheduled.
- Advise storekeeper on what items are required in the store.
- Ensure that quality are items delivered.
- Ensure minimal wastage of materials.
- Have a working knowledge of Department Brand Standards to ensure compliance.
- Have working Knowledge of HVAC/Electrical and MEP Installations
- Ensure HACCP and COSHH policies are strictly adhered to.
- Ensure all equipment and machines are working and in good condition
- Ensure periodic testing and service of equipment is done.
- Take a daily record of all the electrical meters reading and submit to plant room technician for preparation of daily utility report
- Ensure all hazardous installations/ equipment are isolated, warning signs indicating e.g. Out of order, Do not operate are in place.
- Comply with all Kempinski International company policies.
- Comply with all systems and procedures as laid down by Chief Engineer.
- Replace all the burnt-out bulbs within the premises
- Inspect all public areas for any electric faults against the checklists
- Cary out minor electrical installation within the building
- Service and repair of electrical equipment
- Facilitate guest rooms and property maintenance
- Perform the right treatment of boilers and swimming pool water and keep a record of the water condition in the two systems.
- Monitor the effects of servicing and maintenance of plant equipment’s
- Receive fuel (AGO & LPG) and keep records of the same.
- Prepare Daily Utility consumption report.
- Ensure that there are no fuels, gas, and water, steam leaks in plant room the premises.
- Ensure proper chemical treatment of boiler make-up water and keep record of water condition in the system.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Degree/ Diploma in an engineering course from a recognized learning institution
- No work experience is required
- Less than one year since completion (2021/2022)
- Kenyan Citizen
- Completed coursework (If even if not graduated)
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
- Excellent grooming skills and must be well versed in professional and personal etiquette
- Good Communication skills
- Out going with a positive learning attitude.
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realize their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
ABOUT THE TEAM
Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi
Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi is a Five Star luxury hotel situated on Chiromo Road, the hotel is just a 5-minute drive to the city centre, and 20 km from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.The hotel boasts of 200 stylishly-designed and tastefully-decorated rooms and suites spread on 10 floors, 5 themed restaurants, varied conference rooms plus Kempinski The Spa.