Reporting to the Training Manager, the trainee will be responsible for learning and familiarizing with various activities and operations within their departments. He/She will be required to uphold company policies and requirements at all times.
Under the supervision of the Departmental Trainer and Training Manager, the trainee shall learn to:
- Create the hotel media and marketing plan.
- Implement media and marketing plan and coordinate with agencies.
- Determine overall marketing campaign ROI. Monitor and review the response rates in order to improve and take corrective measures (where applicable).
- Plan, coordinate and implement direct marketing, both on- and offline.
- Maintain guest database for mailings.
- Liaise with F&B department to promote F&B outlets.
- Create, coordinate and maintain give-aways and collateral.
- Ensure picture storage and distribution systems are maintained (Picture Park & VFMLeonardo).
- Provide content and images for websites according to Corporate Identity.
- Ensure content and photography of 3rd party websites is maintained.
- Ensure compliance with Corporate Identity guidelines.
- Act as brand custodian for hotel and Kempinski brand.
- Ensure all creatives are reviewed and approved by Corporate Marketing in a timely manner before advertising agency or printer proceeds.
- Attend to and deliver all requirements of Corporate Marketing within the given deadlines.
- Coordinate between hotel and Corporate Marketing and agencies whenever necessary.
- Maintain updates of Corporate Marketing guidelines and inform colleagues.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments, especially sales, Public Relations and web as well as creative agencies and suppliers.
- Bring ideas and participate in the preparations of the promotional theme events, other promotional activities and invitation lists.
- Pro-actively promote Rooms, Food and Beverage including Banquet/Conferences, or any other current or forthcoming activities which lead to potential sources of business.
- Conduct competition checks, benchmarking and follow up on market trends on a regular basis.
- Keep up to date with Marketing trends and tools to enhance the continual learning process and make recommendations to the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Follow the sales and marketing results and propose corrective actions if needed.
- Take part in sales and marketing training programmes.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in the hotel including all activities, promotions, rates of the hotel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree/ Diploma in Marketing from a recognized learning institution
- No work experience is required
- Less than one year since completion (2022/2023)
- Kenyan Citizen
- Completed coursework (If even if not graduated)
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
- Excellent grooming skills and must be well versed in professional and personal etiquette
- Good Communication skills
- Out going with a positive learning attitude
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realize their full potential.