Reporting to the Training Manager, the trainee will be responsible for learning and familiarizing with various activities and operations within the department. He/She will be required to uphold company policies and requirements at all times.
Under the supervision of the Departmental Trainer and Training Manager, the trainee shall learn how to:
- Review daily reservation accuracy, rate compliance from segment and source, system close-out when necessary and rate availability.
- Ensure clients’ satisfaction and adherence to Kempinski service standards.
- Follow internal credit policy.
- Follow up on lost business and bring information about them to the knowledge of the department superiors.
- Spot-check reservations made the previous day and check all VIP arrivals.
- Follow the internal up-sell programme for the Reservations department.
- Perform any other reservation duties as per role requirement.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree/ Diploma in any relevant hospitality field from a recognized learning institution.
- No work experience is required.
- Less than one year since completion (2022/2023).
- Kenyan Citizen.
- Completed coursework (Even if not graduated).
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment.
- Excellent grooming skills and must be well versed in professional and personal etiquette.
- Good Communication skills.
- Outgoing with a positive learning attitude.
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realize their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
ABOUT THE TEAM
Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi
Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi is a Five Star luxury hotel situated on Chiromo Road, the hotel is just a 5-minute drive to the city centre, and 20 km from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.The hotel boasts of 200 stylishly-designed and tastefully-decorated rooms and suites spread on 10 floors, 5 themed restaurants, varied conference rooms plus Kempinski The Spa.