Spa and Gym Trainee
Spa & Gym Trainee
Reporting to the Training Manager, the trainee will be responsible for learning and familiarizing with various activities and operations within their departments. He/She will be required to uphold company policies and requirements at all times.
Under the supervision of the Departmental Trainer and Training Manager, the trainee shall learn to:
- Ensure clients receive treatments according to the spa`s standard operating procedures and policies.
- Perform spa treatments to a high standard.
- Maintain hygiene and cleanliness of treatment rooms.
- Manage levels of professional stock and supplies.
- Refer and abide by the spas standard operational procedures, policies and form manuals
- Conduct treatments according to Kempinski the spa menu, standards and outlined protocols
- Have knowledge of the process, benefit and outcome of all practiced techniques and treatments
- Have good working knowledge in related treatment products and the ability to be flexible in the same with regards to guests requests
- Be confident working with and fully understanding the health assessment, able to work with discretion to ensure that any necessary precautions are taken
- Confirm the scheduled treatment with the guest before starting the treatment
- Ensure all treatment and preparation areas are set up to standard and any discrepancies have been resolved immediately
- Ensure treatment room should is in order before welcoming any guest, or handing over to your colleague
- Ensure products must are in place and refilled as per standard and act on any discrepancies
- Serve post treatment drinks, having the knowledge of the properties of the refreshment
- Make product recommendations.
- Deliver personalized, individual service to all guests in the Spa and Fitness area.
- Provide instructions and classes for a safe and inspiring fitness practice.
- Conducting cardio test, health / fitness assessments, and flexibility tests with assigned clients.
- Creating a workout plan/program with assigned client.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:-
- Degree/ Diploma in Massage therapy /Gym operations from a recognized learning institution
- No work experience is required
- Less than one year since completion (2021/2022)
- Kenyan Citizen
- Completed coursework (If even if not graduated)
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
- Excellent grooming skills and must be well versed in professional and personal etiquette
- Good Communication skills
- Out going with a positive learning attitude
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realize their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
ABOUT THE TEAM
Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi
Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi is a Five Star luxury hotel situated on Chiromo Road, the hotel is just a 5-minute drive to the city centre, and 20 km from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.The hotel boasts of 200 stylishly-designed and tastefully-decorated rooms and suites spread on 10 floors, 5 themed restaurants, varied conference rooms plus Kempinski The Spa.