Reporting to the Training Manager, the trainee will be responsible for learning and familiarizing with various activities and operations within their departments. He/She will be required to uphold company policies and requirements at all times.
Under the supervision of the Departmental Trainer and Training Manager, the trainee shall learn how to:
- Maintain comprehensive product knowledge including ingredients, equipment, suppliers, markets, and current trends.
- Make recommendations for appropriate adjustments to kitchen operations accordingly.
- Maintain a hygienic kitchen and personal hygiene and ensure company’s standards are maintained.
- Prepare, cook and serve food according to the restaurant’s menu.
- Prepare in advance food, beverage, material and equipment needed for the service.
- Provide direction to the Kitchen helpers, including Commis, Cooks, Kitchen Attendants and Stewards.
- Clean and re-set their working area.
- Ensure awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines.
- Adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures.
- Adhere to property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly.
- Assemble and prepare ingredients for menu items.
- Assist with checking, receiving and storing of goods.
- Maintain storage areas.
- Monitor all kitchen costs and take corrective action, when necessary to reduce expenses.
- Inspect daily, all fresh food received to ensure a high quality is maintained.
- Inspect all food stores and refrigerated areas and suggest, where necessary, to correct storage methods to comply with
- Health & Safety regulations, to avoid spoilage and ensure regular turnover of food items and give completed check lists to the Executive Chef.
- Ensuring the quality and standards at the outlet meet the expectations of the customer
- Constantly maintain a high standard of food preparations, controlling cost and wastage, reduce any loss and breakage of operating equipment by enforcing preventive Policies and Procedures.
- Develop and create standard recipe cards with pictorials according to the Executive Chef’s policy.
- Establish and maintain professional and effective communication within the whole Food & Beverage Department.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree/ Diploma in Culinary from a recognized learning institution
- No work experience is required
- Less than one year since completion (2022/2023)
- Kenyan Citizen
- Completed coursework (If even if not graduated)
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
- Excellent grooming skills and must be well versed in professional and personal etiquette
- Good Communication skills
- Out going with a positive learning attitude.
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realize their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
ABOUT THE TEAM
Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi
Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi is a Five Star luxury hotel situated on Chiromo Road, the hotel is just a 5-minute drive to the city centre, and 20 km from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.The hotel boasts of 200 stylishly-designed and tastefully-decorated rooms and suites spread on 10 floors, 5 themed restaurants, varied conference rooms plus Kempinski The Spa.