Front Office Trainee
Front Office Trainee
Reporting to the Training Manager, the trainee will be responsible for learning and familiarizing with various activities and operations within their departments. He/She will be required to uphold company policies and requirements at all times.
- Under the supervision of the Departmental Trainer and Training Manager, The trainee shall learn how to:
- Check in the arriving guest and check out the departing guests in a friendly and caring manner according to the Kempinski Experience Assessment( KEA) standards.
- Upon check in, register guest and assign rooms. Accommodate special requests whenever possible. If needed, assist guests in completing the registration cards. Use suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
- Verify the guest’s method of payment and follow established credit-checking procedures or refer cash handling payment to cashiers.
- Upon departure of guests, process the guest check out procedures. Inquire for last minute charges. Receive payment from guests. Settle the guest account and give copy of the invoice.
- Handle all front office cashiers’ transactions such as posting charges to guests and exchanging foreign currency according to the procedures. At the end of shift, balance their cash float.
- Answer all guest requests and questions in a friendly and caring manner, whether by telephone or in person, provide/ receive information and takes appropriate actions or refer the matters to the relevant persons to handle. It may be and not inclusive of issuing a safe deposit box, handling messages or dealing with a complaints.
- Coordinate room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying them of late check-outs, early check-ins and special requests.
- Keep themselves informed of product and service knowledge as well as the hotel daily and meeting activities.
- Possess a working knowledge of the room reservation procedures.
- Maintain the neatness of his/her working area.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree/ Diploma in Front Office Operations from a recognized learning institution
- No work experience is required
- Less than one year since completion (2021/2022)
- Kenyan Citizen
- Completed coursework (Even if not graduated)
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
- Excellent grooming skills and must be well versed in professional and personal etiquette
- Good Communication skills
- Out going with a positive learning attitude.
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realize their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
ABOUT THE TEAM
Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi
Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi is a Five Star luxury hotel situated on Chiromo Road, the hotel is just a 5-minute drive to the city centre, and 20 km from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.The hotel boasts of 200 stylishly-designed and tastefully-decorated rooms and suites spread on 10 floors, 5 themed restaurants, varied conference rooms plus Kempinski The Spa.