This role is responsible for overall leadership to ensure effective strategy execution, policy formulation, innovation supported by robust research, data analytics and prudent risk management to help achieve KRA’s strategic objectives.
- Spearhead and coordinate the corporate planning process and business strategy
- Formulate innovative strategies that leverage on modern technology to support enhanced tax compliance
- Develop tax policy and guidelines that facilitate administration of tax laws and administrative reforms by facilitating internal and external stakeholders
- Provide leadership in entrenching risk and quality management policies and practices in the organization in compliance with best practice and industry standards
- Responsible for developing and governing data and information strategy in order to drive business decisions and growth
- Spearhead stakeholder engagements to acquire data for purposes of advanced analytics and revenue mobilization
- Provide leadership in the identification, selection, deployment and operation of suitable technologies in the KRA
- Facilitate provision of analytical and scientific advisory services to support interpretation and application of tax and border control policies.
- Develop networks to effectively support research programs and promote a research oriented culture among the staff
- Provide strategic leadership for knowledge management strategy within KRA.
- Day-to-day operations, supervision, management of performance and development of staff in the Department.
- Facilitate implementation of the work plans for the following corporate initiatives in the Department: Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management.
- Development and management of the Departmental work plan and budget.
- Drive initiatives to improve ethics, culture and facilitate change management in the Department.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following; Business, Economics, Finance, Strategic Management, Law, ICT or related field.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Professional qualification/membership to professional bodies.
Previous relevant work experience required
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of relevant experience.
- At least ten (10) years of which must be in middle and senior management levels.
- Project management with a bias to large Technology Projects.
- Strategic Planning.