IT DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
Madison Group Limited wishes to recruit for an IT Database Administrator. The Group operates through two insurance subsidiaries in life and general businesses and an investment management subsidiary, all based at the Group Headquarters in Upper Hill, Madison House, Nairobi. The jobholder will report to the Group ICT Manager and will be based at our Head Office in Madison House at Upperhill, Nairobi.
IT DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
The role holder will be responsible for directing or performing all activities related to maintaining a successful database environment.
1. Responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining the database systems.
2. Establishing policies and procedures pertaining to the management, security, maintenance, and use of the database management systems.
3. Training employees in database management and use.
4. The DBA will be expected to stay abreast of emerging technologies and new design approaches.
5. Installing and upgrading the database server and application tool.
6. Allocating system storage and planning storage requirements for the database system.
7. Modifying the database structure, as necessary, from information given by application developers.
8. Enrolling users and maintaining system security.
9. Ensuring compliance with database vendor license agreements.
10. Controlling and monitoring user access to the database.
11. Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the database.
12. Planning and executing regular backups and recovery tests of databases
13. Backing up and restoring databases.
14. Maintaining archived data.
15. Contacting database vendors for technical support.
16. Generating various reports by querying from the database as and when required.
17. Managing and monitoring data replication.
1. Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
2. 5 years of extensive experience with a range of database products.
3. The relevant certifications are:
• Oracle Database Administration 2019 Certified Professional
•MCSA: SQL Server 2012/2014 or SQL 2016 Database Admin
•MCSE Data Platform Solutions Expert
4. Experience with one or more of the major database management products, such as Oracle, MS SQL, and SAP Sybase.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities and Behaviors
1. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
2. In-depth knowledge and understanding of Database Management concepts and principles.
3. Experience with common information management frameworks.
4. Knowledge and understanding of relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
5. Knowledge of and experience in developing and documenting database architecture and plans.
6. Strong analytical skills to analyze Data requirements.
7. Exhibit excellent analytical skills.
Qualified and interested candidates are requested to forward their applications and detailed CVs clearly stating the position interested in as the subject to the Group Human Resources Manager on Email: hr[email protected] not later than 22 nd September, 2023.