Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. Our purpose – Celebrating life, every day, everywhere – has an important role in our company, for our people, our diversity, our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value.
Our business has a rich heritage across Africa, producing local brands with locally sourced materials.
Our east Africa business (EABL) is recognized as the leading value and premium drinks company that is proud of the growth of our brands and our people. The ambitious business goals focus our company on achieving strong growth through understanding of consumer & customer motivation.
EABL is a fully integrated TBA business (beer, spirits and ANADS) with both supply and demand units in its key markets i.e. Kenya (KBL), Uganda (UBL) and Tanzania (SBL). It is cross-listed in Nairobi, Kampala and Dar-es-Salaam stock exchanges.
As a business, we take pride in continuously investing in Talent to ensure that we have the best pool of resources across our market. As a business, we are known, respected, and admired for our spirit and beer brands. These were built by some of the historical giants of the industry, and they are names which you will make even more prominent from day one.
We’re looking for graduates who are both focused and far-sighted; those who can do a brilliant job right now without ever losing sight of the horizon. You’ll be an authentic, energetic, team-spirited person who follows your instincts, takes educated risks, and looks to champion, influence and inspire at every turn.
We are looking for graduates to join our Marketing team.
About the role
We are inviting highly ambitious graduates to join our budding one year marketing apprentice program at Kenya Breweries Limited (KBL) – effective May 2023!
Kick off your marketing career as a torchbearer for some of the world’s most iconic brands.
Imagine how exciting it would be to be responsible for marketing some of the world’s most iconic and best-selling brands. On this programme you’ll be involved in creating exciting and powerful stories to make our existing brands even stronger, and perhaps even launching new ones. Developing creative platforms that will be activated all over the world, you’ll be able to demonstrate your passion to bring our brands to life.
Brilliant marketers in Diageo understand how to sell our brands, by adding value to our customers and delivering amazing experiences to our consumers so our graduates also have an opportunity to spend a year in Sales. During your three years, you will work on iconic and innovative brands, and be inspired to excel in three exciting areas that help you to build the foundations of your Commercial & Marketing capability before specializing in an area such as Digital Marketing or Brand Management.
The key behaviors we want you to have:
- We’re looking for graduates who not only have the capability to succeed in our organization today but also have the potential to be our leaders of tomorrow. Full of energy, enthusiasm and optimism in everything you do. Following your instincts and standing up for what you feel is right.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work collaboratively while showing your confidence and conviction to challenge people, in pursuit of finding the best and most innovative solutions for Diageo. Your drive and agility will be applied to overcome challenges and to develop yourself as you progress through the programme.
- You’re able to build strong relationships in order to learn and grow together, as well as to influence and inspire others to always do better. Many of these relationships will be core to your success now and in the future as you progress through the organization.
In addition to the behaviors above you’ll need:
- Obtained a minimum bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or project management.
- Should have graduated within the last 2 years.
- Fluency in English
- Excellent numerical & analytical ability
- Demonstrates a high level of curiosity.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender or ethnicity.
Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve these, we need the world’s very best people.
Feel inspired? Then this may be the opportunity for you. Apply to join us.
Job Posting Start Date:
14 Sept 2023