Main purpose of the job
The holder of this position will effectively help C-suite and program leaders transform their organizations and accelerate execution through emerging and disruptive technologies, innovative business models, retooled program operations and industry-driven solutions.
What you will do
- Architect and design servers, network connectivity, and software configurations for cloud computing infrastructures and applications with a focus on DevOps principles. Deliver solutions for integration between Cloud and on-premises data centres;
- Perform assessments and provide recommendations for migrating to the cloud. Develop the financial business case; supporting design and implementation of the cloud environment including landing zones;
- Direct experience migrating applications from the enterprise to public cloud providers (e.g., AWS);
- Keep in mind the client’s business needs and overall IT strategy when developing cloud solutions to deliver the best possible outcome for the client. Apply the AWS Well-Architectured framework to deliver consistent, standardized and best practice solutions;
- Develop and document technical designs for integration and implementation of new and existing cloud applications and systems; and
- Support the client facing teams to develop a comprehensive Point of View that will assist clients on their cloud transformation journey. Develop client proposals and contribute to RFx responses.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Systems Analysis, or other related field
- Must have technical / professional qualifications
- Must have cloud associate level certification (e.g, AWS Solutions Architect).
- 5 – 7+ years of experience with planning, architecting, and implementing cloud environments
- 3 – 5 years of experience in client facing and technical sales roles
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures of cloud technology, including Software as Service (SaaS), Platform as Service (PaaS), or Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Experience with monitoring the performance of systems
- Experience working with agile methodologies
- Experience in proposal writing
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Good mentorship and coaching ability with desire to develop self and others.
- Strong client delivery focus.
- Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease.
- Focus on quality and risk.
- Sound problem solving ability.
- Delivery Excellence – Ability to plan and execute a project to deliver a superior client experience.
- Knows the Business and Sector – Ability to comprehend how the client’s business works and keep up-to-date on industry/sector trends and leading practices.
- Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving – Ability to identify and solve problems objectively using analysis, experience and judgment.
- Financial Acumen – Ability to incorporate financial information when evaluating business opportunities and making recommendations.
- Executive Presence – Ability to develop relationships, establish credibility with and instil confidence in clients.
- Global Mindset – Ability to leverage cross-geography insights and practitioners to enhance client service delivery.
- Business-Technology Acumen – Ability to articulate how technology enables and differentiates the business and communicate this effectively to clients.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Living our Purpose – Acts as a role model and inspires others to embrace and live our purpose and values.
Influence – Builds deep relationships across a diverse network and uses a flexible influencing style to gain buy-in and drive impact.
Performance drive – Creates opportunities to drive impact; anticipates client needs and delivers superior results by leveraging each person’s strengths to build high performing teams across businesses and borders.
Strategic direction – Translates broader strategy into a compelling team vision and goals; aligns the team and sets priorities to achieve objectives.
Talent development – Actively contributes to building the talent pipeline; creates a talent experience that attracts, develops and retains top talent and high performing teams.
Competitive Edge – Applies deep knowledge of disruptive trends and competitor activity to drive continuous improvement.
Inspirational Leadership – Establishes a strong leadership brand and inspires followership through passion, integrity, and appreciation of others.
Closing date: 8 November, 2023