For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have a Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade C- (Minus) or its approved equivalent.
Duties and Responsibilities
This is an entry and training grade for this cadre. Officers at this level will be deployed in the Human Resource Management Units, General Registry, Procurement, Accounts office or General office services. Specific duties and responsibilities will include:-
(i) compiling statistical records;
(ii) sorting, filing and dispatching letters;
(iii) maintaining an efficient filling system;
(iv) processing appointments, promotions, discipline, transfers and other related duties in human resource management;
(v) computation of financial or statistical records based on routine or special sources of information;
(vi) preparing payment vouchers; and
(vii) compiling data and drafting simple letters.
Data Collection Clerks
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an African-led, Africa-based and Africa-oriented international research institute committed to conducting high quality and policy-relevant multidisciplinary research.
Our researchers address critical development issues and challenges facing sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) in areas such as education, population, health, aging, urbanization, and wellbeing.
Our goal is to generate evidence for meaningful action, engage with policymakers in the region to disseminate our research findings, influence policy decisions, and improve the quality of life in Africa.
Data collection purpose
- To collect high-quality data that addresses research questions ethically and within the stipulated period for a project evaluation exercise.
The proposed data collection is scheduled from November 2023-January 2024.
QUALITATIVE FIELD INTERVIEWERS
Duties and responsibilities:
- Moderate/facilitate qualitative interviews with community members in the study area.
- Take notes and compile comprehensive qualitative interview debriefing reports/notes.
- Prepare data collection progress report and updates.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the team leader and principal investigator.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or public health or other related courses.
- Fluent in English and Swahili, both oral and written
- Prepared to work full time on the project for the duration of the study
- Possess strong interpersonal, communication (written and oral) and facilitation skills.
- Have proven experience in qualitative research methods (conducting FGDs, IDIs and/or KIIs)
- Residents of Korogocho, Mathare and Viwandani (or areas close to the sites) areas will have an added advantage.
QUANTITATIVE FIELD INTERVIEWERS
Duties and responsibilities:
- Identify households and recruit participants who meet the eligibility criteria.
- Conduct quantitative data collection in the assigned households.
- Complete, edit and submit all assigned interviews for cross-checking and verification by the team leader on a daily basis.
- Fill in daily progress reports/timesheets.
- Participate in weekly team meetings.
- Assist the research team in other project-related activities.
- Have completed secondary education and possess a minimum grade C Plain in KCSE.
- Have proven experience in quantitative data collection in low-income settings.
- Experience in public health and or nutrition surveys.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications.
- Have experience in using electronic data capture methods like digital recorders and survey CTO or open data kit (ODK).
- Residents of Korogocho, Mathare and Viwandani or areas close to these sites will have an added advantage.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili (verbal and written).
- Be prepared to work full time on the project for the duration of the study.
The candidates should be:
- Residents of the study area listed above: Korogocho, Mathare and Viwandani. (Area of residence should be clearly indicated on the cover letter).
- Prepared to work full time on the project for the duration of the data collection.
- Flexible and available to work odd hours (when necessary), under minimal supervision.
Application documents should include:
- Cover letter
- CV with contact details of three referees
- Copy of National ID
- Copies of academic certificates and relevant testimonials.
Interested candidates are invited to submit the above documents via email to [email protected] by 8th November 2023. Please indicate on the subject line of the email, ‘Qualitative Field Interviewer’ or ‘Quantitative Field Interviewer’ as per the applicant’s respective area of interest. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICANTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE ANY PAYMENTS TO ANYONE DURING ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
APHRC and Flexi Personnel are equal opportunity employers and are committed to the protection of vulnerable persons.
Join Our Data Collection Clerks WhatsApp Group Forum
If you experience any challenges or difficulties during the application of the vacancies, kindly join our WhatsApp forum where we shall be discussing the following
- Application tips and guidelines
- Discussing Challenges or any difficulties faced during applications and possible solutions
- CV, cover letter, resume and application by email tips
- Online submission tips
- Hand delivery job submissions tips
- Future info on shortlisting on jobs
- Interview tips and guidelines when shortlisted
- Interact with members who are also shortlisted incase shortlisting happens soon
- Any other relevant future updates regarding the job position
- More instant job updates from fellow members
Remember as a general and mutual rule, we encourage every member of the group to share a random job or internship, this will ensure the group remains relevant to topic and the discussion stays inline with career related chats
How to Join
To join, please click on the links below and you shall be redirected to the joining link.