Contribute to ACAPS’ timely analysis of humanitarian crises, thus enabling crisis responders to make better informed decisions. This is an entry-level position for people interested in a career in the humanitarian sector and who are specifically interested in qualitative and quantitative analysis, data collection, and in promoting evidence-based decision making. The data collectors will support the ACAPS analysis by participating in the production of ACAPS data products through secondary data review and data collection.
- Conduct monitoring of information on global political, economic, social, and humanitarian developments related to humanitarian crises and contexts in the assigned countries of responsibility.
- Gather and analyse quantitative and qualitative data to feed into the INFORM Severity Index, the ACAPS Global Humanitarian Access, the Global Core dataset and other analysis products where appropriate.
Formal education and background
- Completed relevant university degree or currently enrolled in a programme, preferably in humanitarian action, social sciences, international relations, international development or related fields.
- Familiarity with Excel (or similar software);
- Experience in Secondary Data Review, Desk Review;
- Attention to details and ability to receive and implement feedback;
- Ability to effectively work within a multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to deliver against targets and meeting deadlines within a short timeframe;
- Ability to work in team remotely;
- Structured and focused, proven ability to manage time effectively;
- Fluency in English. Any additional language is considered an asset;
- Access to a reliable internet connection.
- Job Identification12905
- Job Category Analysis and Assessment
- Posting Date11/09/2023, 01:28 PM
- Apply Before11/20/2023, 02:59 AM
- Job Schedule Full time
- Locations Nairobi