locations Karen, Kenya time type Full time posted on Posted 7 Days Ago job requisition idJR26426
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:Intern
The Regional Resource Development Graduate Intern will provide administrative, Grant Acquisition Analysis and documentation. The role is aligned with the East Africa Region and Partnership Strategy, Our Promise 2030, Going Further Than We Imagined. The role will support the achievement of Grant Acquisition strategy 2025.
In this role, the intern will gain valuable hands-on experience in administrative tasks, grant acquisition analysis, and documentation. This practical experience will not only enhance his/her skills but also provide a deep understanding of the processes and intricacies involved in resource development within the East Africa Region. By actively participating in these tasks, the intern will contribute to personal growth and professional development, allowing them to build a strong foundation for a career in resource development or a related field.
Monitor and Report Field Office Progress
- Schedule, send the agenda and take meeting notes for dissemination and filing in Box for Grant acquisition an ad Management GAMHUB quarterly calls, one- on-one FO meeting with RRDD and the RDU bi-weekly catch-up calls
- Update the EAR, FO and external partners contact list
- File and organize the EAR GAM documents in Box
Research and Analysis (Influence)
- Coordinate information collection for capacity statement development
- Update the Grant Opportunity Acquisition Tracking (GOAT) report for further review with the RRDD
Administrative Support, Planning and Reporting
- Prepare the draft budget, agenda and logistics (flights, accommodation, meals, ground transport, RDU material, passports and visas) for WV EAR RDU internal and external meetings, workshops, launches, conferences or forums
- Support knowledge EAR GAM knowledge management site and the teams channels documents.
EAR GAMHUB correspondent
- Survey NOs, RO, and SOs to attain their priorities, assess the results, identify key experts throughout the partnership to address their concerns, and coordinate development of the agenda
- Coordinate logistics and accommodation of local and international attendees the Come up with the Agenda for the meeting in collaboration with the RDU Team
- Develop a GAM HUB Report and Action Plan to disseminate to all stakeholders
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- Knowledge on emerging global trends, resource mobilization, community development and fragile contexts.
- Experience planning and organizing workshops or forums for participants in multiple countries.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills, particularly in a cross-cultural environment
- Planning and organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple activities
- Experience in data analysis
Required Education, training, license, Registration, and certification
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in social sciences, economics or any other related fields
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Capabilities – achieving, thinking, self-managing, relational, networking and collaboration and humanitarian diplomacy.
Applicant Types Accepted: