locations Karen, Kenya time type Full time posted on Posted 8 Days Ago job requisition idJR 26422
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:Intern
The People & Culture Internship program offers you a comprehensive learning experience within the P&C department. It encompasses various HR functions not limited to talent acquisition, employee development, benefits Management, records management among others.
Active involvement in P&C initiatives allows you to contribute fresh perspectives and make a tangible impact on the organization’s People & Culture goals. This internship also includes mentorship from seasoned other P&C team members, exposure to HR technology, and participation in projects, fostering professional growth and confidence.
Furthermore, the internship will facilitate valuable networking opportunities, connecting you with HR experts, peers, and potentially senior leaders. Beyond enhancing resumes, participants acquire essential soft skills through workshops and training sessions. As a result, the internship not only prepares the selected intern for HR careers but also provides a deep understanding of the organization’s People & Culture, making it a pivotal milestone in the intern’s career.
Statutory Management support
- Ensure the remittance of NHIF; NSSF, NITA and HELB and other staff contributions are made to the relevant authorities by 9th of every month
- Ensure statutory files are also updated with remittance advices or any other proof of remittance
- Mandatory staff deductions are remitted to the relevant bodies by 9th of every month and their records are upto date with the payments
On boarding and staff exits Management
- Collaborate with HR and department heads to prepare orientation schedules for new staff members.
- Track the onboarding process to ensure it is done to completion
- Staff receive complete orientation pack on arrival
- New staff are fully oriented within one month of reporting.
Administer and support in the management of National Staff benefits scheme
- Assist with timely member enrolment and deletion processes.
- Provide support in liaising with the underwriter/broker for staff reimbursements.
- Support in member education sessions
- Support in the filing and updating staff records with scheme membership documents
- All staff are onboarded on the medical cover
- All staff are well conversant with their medical benefit
- Reimbursement are paid to staff within 14 days
International Assignee’s- Resident Documentation process
- Facilitate Work permit renewal applications for international staff and their dependents on EFNS
- Update the resident permit database
- that all international staff and dependents have valid documentations on a timely basis.
- Help maintain staff records in both physical and digital formats
- Ensure staff files are organized and complete in accordance with audit requirements.
- Ensure all statutory documents/policies are signed and in staff files
- Assist with drafting visa letters, bank letters, and processing travel insurance documents.
- Update staff lists on a regular basis.
- Updated employees file with all relevant documents in place
- Easy retrieval of information
- Maintain a track sheet of employee information that needs to be updated on an annual basis
Any other assigned roles
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- Holds a Bachelors (e.g., Human Resources, Business Administration) degree obtained within a year of the internship program and other relevant qualification from a recognized and accredited university.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Registered with IHRM
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- A recent Graduate having graduated no earlier than 2022 from a recognized University.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management
- Proficient in computer skills
- Eagerness to learn and contribute to HR functions.
- Strong Christian values
- Are nationals from Kenya
- Confident, articulate, detail-oriented and organized
- Enthusiastic and ready to learn
- Passionate about serving vulnerable people, especially children
- Adaptable and sensitive to the different contexts in which WV EAR works
- Able to work within a multi-cultural environment
- Willingness to be champions of safeguarding and protecting people and children we work with