Posted 1 week ago
POSITION TITLE: PROGRAM DRIVER
REPORTING TO: ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (CIHEB)-Kenya is a local non-governmental organization collaborating with the Ministry of Health and County Health Management Teams to strengthen health systems for improved quality of health care in Kenya.
CIHEB-Kenya is collaborating with the county governments of Mombasa, Kilifi, Kwale, Taita Taveta, Machakos, Makueni, Kitui, Nairobi, Kisumu and Migori to support the implementation and expansion of high quality, sustainable and comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment programs and expansion of COVID-19 vaccination with funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
The Program Driver will be responsible for operating and maintaining transportation vehicles with a focus on safety and staff courtesy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide transportation to and from project sites, and other locations as assigned.
- Record and maintain record of trips according to established procedures.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date records on trip sheets, vehicle maintenance, incident reports, accident reports, vehicle condition reports and other records;
- Carry out safety briefing to passengers prior to each trip departure.
- Assist passengers including handicapped in and out of the vehicle.
- Read and interpret maps and driving directions to plan the most efficient route service.
- Respond to accident or medical emergencies by notifying emergency, response providers, and carrying out First Aid pending arrival of emergency personnel.
- Ensure that all regulations are followed in case of accidents and that required paper work is submitted.
- Ensure that the vehicle has all required registrations/ licensing and inspections, and that necessary documentation is retained in the vehicle.
- Ensure vehicle has sufficient amount of fuel, maintain the vehicles’ cleanliness, and ensure its security for daily use and proper evening and weekend storage at office site.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with all project personnel.
- Experience driving in cities and familiarity with rural terrain and roads preferred.
- 4 years’ driving experience.
- Valid Kenya driver’s license.
- Ability to perform minor repairs of vehicle.
- Previous auto mechanic experience desired.
- Ability to project a neat and professional appearance.
- ‘O’ Level Certificate
- First Aid knowledge desired.
- Extensive knowledge of the operations and features of assigned vehicle(s);
- Basic automobile mechanical skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Report writing skills and ability to read maps
- Computer literacy
How to Apply:
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to [email protected] on or before 24th November 2023. Applicants are advised to include the title “Program Driver on the subject line.
No file chosen