Seeking an exceptional fraud and misconduct investigator with 3+ years of experience to lead a team of 3 experienced investigators in the prevention and fight against fraud within One Acre FundLocationKenyaCareer LevelProfessionalsApply now
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
You will lead the Major Fraud sub-department of the Investigations team and manage 3 experienced investigators in the investigation of major fraud and misconduct cases. You will personally conduct investigation into sensitive and high-level fraud and misconduct cases, prepare an investigation plan, review materials, conduct interviews and finalize reports for senior staff. You will develop strategies for the prevention of fraud in One Acre Fund. You will manage the professional development of your team as well as create fraud awareness through targeted trainings.
You will report to the Global Investigations Senior Associate
- Lead Major Fraud and Misconduct Investigations in Kenya
- Manage the Departmental Workflow System (Kissflow)
- Compile, Analyze, and Report Fraud and Misconduct Data
- Proactively Address the Organization’s Vulnerabilities to Internal and External fraud
- Support with police investigation and follow up
- Identify improvement opportunities of the investigation process and develop measures to ensure that the investigation process is efficient.
- Ensure knowledge transfer by conducting training to the investigations team on trends and key learning points.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, law, criminal justice or related field.
- Relevant certification (CFE,CPA,CFF,CA, CCEP)
- Work Experience
- 3 years of years of progressively responsible experience in investigatory work is required.
- Experience and knowledge of fraud investigation principles and techniques, including Procurement Fraud, Warehouse Fraud, Bribery, Collusion and Corruption
- Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (Sexual Harassment) investigation and interviewing experience
- Experience in interviewing subjects and witnesses in the furtherance of investigations is required.
- Experience in investigation management and administration, together with supervisory functions, is required.
- Written and oral fluency in English and Kiswahili is required
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance, paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Kenya
30 January 2024
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.