Senior Business Operations Officer – (2300006I)
Job Purpose and Key responsibilities
Responsible for Portfolio Administration, Valuation, Reporting and Performance Measurement of Retail Pension and Discretionary Clients under Britam Asset Managers.
- Recording and settlement of traded securities for the pension funds and discretionary clients under mandate.
- Daily investment and disbursement accounts cash reconciliations for pension funds and discretionary clients.
- Daily valuation and pricing and amortization, revaluation and impairment of securities (stocks, bonds, indices and forex).
- End of day processes for purposes of generating pricing.
- Recording and settlement of corporate actions.
- Monthly asset holding reconciliation between custodian(bank) and fund manager for funds under mandate.
- Computation, accrual and billing of management fees and other expenses for the funds under mandate.
- Measurement of fund performance against set benchmarks.
- Preparation of quarterly pension fund’s portfolio holdings reports, movements, revenue and performance reports.
- Preparation and submission of regulatory reports for Capital Markets Authority (CMA) & Retirement Benefits Authority (RBA) within the stipulated timelines.
- Delegated Authority: As per the approved Delegated Authority Matrix.
Key Performance Measures:
As described in your Personal Scorecard.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field.
- 4-6 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Professional certification in accounting (CPA part 2).
Leadership category responsibility framework (Core Competencies):
Emerging Leaders in Britam need to:
- Plan, direct and apply efficiencies and resources in order to optimize output and profitability against time, cost and team targets.
- Effectively communicate strategic and operational departmental goals and objectives to peers and others in order to ensure proper implementation.
- Ensure that department priorities are adhered to and effectively communicated.
- Ensure competent and effective people resources through appropriate coaching, development and people supervision as appropriate.
- Embody a high performance, proactive culture.
- Effectively ensure the adherence to key performance areas, deadlines and goals in order to optimize operational effectiveness.
- Effectively communicate resource needs, possible opportunities and achievements to management in order to aid them in their decision-making.
- Effectively set and monitor priorities and objectives for more junior staff.
- Understand and communicate objectives in relation to the larger organizational impact.
- Effectively disseminate knowledge within the correct context, towards subordinates as well as management.
- Appropriately model the company values while setting the pace and energy for delivering.
- Effectively manage and communicate change within the department in order to increase staff and process effectiveness.
- Provide access to accurate and consistent information and services across all channels.
- Ensure a seamless experience for clients.
- Improve service delivery for clients.
- Engage in continuous brand building to become the trusted partners to clients.