- Muthangari Dr, Nairobi, Kenya
- Service Line: Consulting
Deloitte provides audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries. With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte has more than 415,000 professionals all committed to becoming the standard of excellence of professional services firms.
Deloitte’s professionals are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities, and enjoy an environment of continuous learning, challenging experiences, and enriching career opportunities. All our professionals are united by our shared values, a set of core principles that guide our collective behavior. They set the expectations we have for one another and define how we, as stewards of Deloitte, should behave. They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. And, importantly, they help us to earn the trust and respect of our key stakeholders. Our shared values are: Lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for measurable impact.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, with offices in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Malawi and Zambia.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region, and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Kenya and within the East Africa market.
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best – because that’s how you make an impact.
About USAID Tujenge Jamii Project
The USAID Tujenge Jamii project is a five-year USAID funded service delivery project, providing HIV care and treatment, family planning/reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health (FP/RMNCAH), nutrition, and water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) services. The project is focused on increasing the use of county-led health and social services in four counties in Kenya, namely Baringo, Laikipia, Samburu and Nakuru.
- Increased access and demand for quality HIV prevention services.
- Increased access and demand for quality HIV treatment services.
- Increased access and demand for quality FP/RMNCAH, nutrition, and WASH services.
- Strengthened capacity of county health systems, local partners, and communities to deliver quality health services.
Main purpose of the job
The Driver / Logistician will be responsible for providing driving, messengerial and office support services to the project. The position will be based in our Nakuru office.
What you will do
- Drive project staff and visitors to meetings and appointments with due caution and courtesy as assigned by the supervisor.
- Maintain project vehicles in good condition, including cleaning inside and outside of the vehicle and carrying out engine check-up, fluid levels and the tyres prior to use of the vehicle.
- Maintain a current driving license for self and advise the Administrative Officer when the project vehicle licenses are due for renewal, appropriate inspections and registrations for vehicles.
- Run office errands such as message/equipment deliveries, visa applications, picking-up and collecting mail from post office and other errands as assigned by the supervisor.
- Ensure that the passengers adhere to the traffic rules and regulations e.g. wearing seat belts.
- Report any traffic accident to the insurance company and to the supervisor immediately.
- Assist with office tasks, such as photocopying, binding and pick up of supplies etc.
- Keep photocopying and binding machines in good working condition at all times by ensuring that the necessary routine maintenance is carried out as prescribed in the operating manuals and a record of the same is kept.
- Provide support during workshops and events including registration of participants.
- O Level certificate.
- At least 5 years driving experience in a large organisation operating motor vehicles professionally.
- Must have a good working knowledge of English with ability to understand spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
- Must have a current, valid driving license with an excellent driving record.
- Must be in possession of a current and valid certificate of good conduct within the year.
- Maintain a good awareness of the existing traffic rules and regulations under NTSA.
- Must have undertaken an eye test with certification.
- Knowledge of the counties and its surrounding areas where project will have presence will be an added advantage.
- Basic knowledge of First Aid.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Good Leadership, supervisory and influencing skills.
- Strong client delivery focus.
- Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease.
- Focus on quality and risk.
- Problem solving ability.
- Good business acumen and customer service skills.
- Diligent and quick learner
- Proactive and has the ability to assess a situation and independently take action to address it.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Living our Purpose – Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life.
Influence – Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders.
Performance drive – Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders.
Strategic direction – Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities.
Talent development – Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador Inspirational.
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
Deloitte opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across the African continent and globally to gain experience and access projects beyond our borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and thinking styles.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. #Makinganimpactthatmatters
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do research to know some background about our firm and the business area you are applying to.
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online: Deloitte East Africa Careers portal.
Your details will be treated with confidentiality and will not be shared with any third party.
Closing date: 15 February 2024
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or money as part of the recruitment process. Women and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
At Deloitte, we want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at work—in every country, in everything we do, every day. We aim to create a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and with respect, including reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. We seek to create and leverage our diverse workforce to build an inclusive environment across the African continent.