Applications are invited from suitably qualified officers for the position shown herein in the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Development State Department for Livestock Development.
Duties and responsibilities will involve: –
- Livestock Sector surveys, livestock and livestock products data collection;
- Livestock data analysis ;
- Carrying out relevant policy related research;
- Developing and maintaining a data bank compendium of information on policies and corresponding legislation relevant to the livestock sector;
- Disseminating approved relevant livestock data; conducting capacity needs assessment , problem identification for policy formulation , development and monitoring standards and regulations;
- Participating in research agenda setting and monitoring implementation;
- Surveillance on compliance with implementation of livestock regulations, legislations and standards ;
- Leading livestock innovation hubs; preparing materials for public awareness creation on policies and legislations; generating policy briefs;
- Participating in developing concept papers for policy formulation;
- Updating the existing database on livestock
- Policies for counties and national government;
- Manning thematic functions in the Livestock Knowledge Management Centre;
- Generating data and dissemination of information on the Livestock Masterplan, capacity building and technical support to counties and any other assignments assigned.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have; –
i. Have served in the grade of Veterinary Officer or Senior Livestock Production Officer JG L (CSG 9) or in a comparable position for a minimum period of three (3) years;
ii. Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: – Veterinary Medicine, Animal Production, Range Management or its equivalent qualification in animal sciences from a recognized institution;
iii. Been registered by Kenya Veterinary Board (for Veterinary Surgeons) or any other professional body for animal sciences where relevant;
iv. Certificate in Policy Formulation, Implementation and Evaluation or equivalent lasting not less than one (1) week from a recognized institution;
v. Certificate in a Management related Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized
institution; vi. Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution; and
vii. Have shown ability and demonstrated merit as reflected in work performance and results.
Note: Those who applied earlier are encouraged to re-apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by 28th February 2024.