The fellowship enables you to conduct a one-year research-based project in Germany focusing on combating climate change, on adaptation strategies, on preserving ecosystems and biodiversity, or on the sustainable use of the oceans and seas. Sustainability topics relating to natural resources, resource-efficient consumption or urban development are also welcome.
They award up to 15 International Climate Protection Fellowships to prospective leaders and up to five to postdoctoral researchers each year. The fellowships are funded through the International Climate Initiative of the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU).
The fellowship offers you:
- a monthly fellowship of €2,170, €2,470 or €2,670 in the programme line for prospective leaders – depending on your training and career level; a monthly fellowship of €2,670 in the programme line for postdoctoral researchers
- individual support during your stay in Germany
- additional financial support for example for accompanying family members, for travel expenses or for a German language course
- a three-week introductory event where you can connect with other climate protection fellows, visit businesses and research institutions, and attend cultural events in Germany
- extensive alumni sponsorship, in particular to support long-term connections with your cooperation partners in Germany over the duration of your entire professional career.
Apply for an International Climate Protection Fellowship if you
- explore questions in the natural or engineering sciences or address legal, economic, health-related or societal aspects of climate change
- are a citizen of a non-European developing or transition country (see list of countries, PDF) and have been predominantly living and working there
- completed your first academic degree (Bachelor or comparable degree) no more than 12 years ago (cut-off date: 1 March of year of application)
- have initial experience in a leadership role and corresponding leadership skills
- are a prospective leader with extensive professional experience (at least 48 months at the time of applying)
DEADLINE: March 1, 2021
To apply and more information visit here