Department: Head Office – Credit
Reports to: Senior Manager Credit
Prepare independent analysis of credit reviews and submit summary of analysis for credit review above delegated authority.
- Check completeness of documents submitted by the Relationship Managers or Branch Managers.
- Providing advisory services to guide the Business Units and other stakeholders in discharging their responsibility to comply with internal credit policies, regulatory and supervisory guidelines.
- Assess KYC, requests and structure and creditworthiness of existing or prospective clients
- Timely analysis/approval of SME banking credit applications within delegated mandate while ensuring that good quality of the financing assets is achieved.
- Articulate recommendation in a clear concise and informed manner where applicable to higher authorities for approval
- Regularly analyze the risk profile of the bank’s credit facilities portfolio by product, by sector. Assign risk grades for each portfolio type following the guidelines in the bank’s credit policy manual.
- Review inward cheques report and excesses daily reports to ensure that they are appropriately sanctioned and therefore safeguard the bank from financial loss from unauthorized extension of credit.
- Preparation of various management Reports.
- Review of credit policy and updating it in line with changes in the financing environment.
- Review of new and existing products as per bank guidelines.
- Approving SME applications up to the delegated limits.-
- Ensure compliance with both internal and external regulatory requirements.
- Review and ensure compliance of facilities approved conditions.
- Ensure compliance with Credit policies and procedures at all times.
- Ensure compliance with set SLAs at all times.
- Safeguard and promote the bank’s image with the general public.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in an Analytical/Business related field
- CPA or relevant professional qualification.
- 5 years banking experience in a lending function with at least 3 years in credit analysis.
- Experience or sound understanding of credit risk and the techniques of financial analysis
- Proficiency in use of relevant MS office applications
Competencies Required for this Role
- Knowledge of relevant lending products
- Strong credit analytical skills including business plan analysis, numerical and financial analysis and interpretation
- Key understanding of regulatory and legal environment
- Problem Solving skills
- Analytical and methodical skills
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Decision making skills
- Organizing skills
- Communication skills