Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya 2010 under Article 55, the County Governments Act No. 17 of 2012, and in accordance with the provisions of the Kakamga County Youth and Women Service Act number 5 of 2019, the County Government of Kakamega invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the above positions.
The County Youth Service and Women Empowerment Programme shall offer the youth and women an opportunity to engage in economically viable ventures that shall include road maintenance, environmental sanitation and hygiene.
Reporting to the Director, County Youth Service and Women Empowerment Programme, the service men/women will have the following responsibilities:
- Road Maintenance
- Bush clearing
- Maintenance of drainage systems
- Office cleaning and support services
- Cleaning of Market centers
- Sentry services
- Any other lawful assignments by the Programme Director.
All candidates will be expected to satisfy the following minimum requirements
1. Have a Kenyan ID card or valid passport and certificate of good conduct
2. Must be a resident of Kakamega County in a specified community area
3.Age 18-35 years (youth) and 35-55 years (women)
4. Be of sound Medical condition
5. Ability to undertake physical activities
6.Pass the aptitude test
7. No previous criminal conviction or record
8. Successful candidates will have to undergo paramilitary training
9. Applicants must have copies of national ID card,
10. All successful candidates will be required to submit their original documents.
HOW TO APPLY
All interested candidates should pick and fill application forms from their respective ward administrator’s offices.
Duly filled forms should be returned to the ward administrator’s office on/or before 2nd June, 2023. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
DIRECTOR: KAKAMEGA COUNTY YOUTH SERVICE AND WOMEN EMPOWERMENT PROGRAMME
PO. Box 36-50100
COUNTY ASSEMBLY OF KAKAMEGA