The VC4A Startup Academy is an online resource platform for young startup founders in Africa. The platform avails the latest industry insights, start-up tools and methodologies needed to take a business to the next level.
VC4A (Venture Capital for Africa) is a fast growing community of business professionals in 159 countries dedicated to building game changing companies on the African continent.
The VC4A Startup Academy
The VC4A Startup Academy is an opportunity for many startup founders to learn from 78 experts active in the African startup ecosystem. The VC4A Startup Academy was developed as part of the ‘Work in Progress!’ programme funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs as part of LEAD (Local Employment in Africa for Development) initiative.
The VC4A team is committed to helping young founders enhance their own capabilities by providing knowledge and expertise that will empower them to successfully grow a business empire. Business insiders will pass on wisdom earned over the course of their careers as they’ve built companies, invested in startups, and raised capital for their ventures.
What You’ll Learn
The journey you will undertake with the VC4A Academy will be broken down into four courses, each focused on a different life-stage of your business.
- The first course is called, “Start your business”, and walks you through the founding stage of your startup.
- Course two is “Grow your business”, and covers what’s needed after your startup finds its feet and is ready to scale up.
- Course three is “Finance your business”, where you will learn how to attract venture funding. In each of these chapters you’ll find a buffet of modules that will allow you to select specific areas to dive into.
- And course four is called “Your legal business“, aimed at founders who want to learn more about the legal implications of setting up their business and getting their operations funded.
Each module has a number of learning resources, which include:
- Theoretical breakdowns where concepts are introduced and main schools of thought discussed – relevant to the African context.
- Video clips of leading business professionals, entrepreneurs and investors, sharing practical expert advice,
- Quizzes where you’ll be challenged to apply what you have learnt,
- And useful downloadable templates and documents.
Information is power, and as a founder of a startup you need to stay on the ball with what’s happening in and around your business. The VC4A Startup Academy is designed to empower you to take your business to the next level.
At the end of each ‘Insight’ you can take a multiple choice quiz.
And when you’ve watched or read ALL of the content and answered all quizzes of a course correctly you will receive a download link where you can get a personalized VC4A Startup Academy certificate!