Assistant Restaurant Supervisor – Cysuites Apartment Hotel
Job Type: PermanentJob Category: Hospitality IndustryClosing Date: May 30th, 2023Location: Nairobi
CySuites Apartment Hotel is a luxurious serviced apartment hotel located along Church Road, off Waiyaki Way in Nairobi’s bustling Westland’s area. The hotel offers 32 two-bedroom apartment, 6 one-bedroom apartment and 2 penthouses.
These fully serviced apartments offer contemporary living and working spaces fitted with amenities to meet the needs of short and extended stays within a serene location which is the perfect home away for both business and leisure travellers.
The all-day dining restaurant serves a variety of both Kenyan and continental dishes. The bar area features a fine selection of wines alongside a wide range of spirits and Signature Cocktails.
The hotel has fitness facilities to help you keep up with your fitness regime while staying with us, including a heated pool.
The assistant restaurant supervisor will be tasked with overlooking the affairs of the restaurant. He or she will be the head waiter in charge of the waiters.
- Receive and respond to guest reviews & feedback. Attend to guest complains and ensure high level of guest satisfaction is attained
- Oversee the dining area, supervises food and beverage service staff in accordance with operating policies. Making sure restaurant is clean and set ready for service.
- Make sure waiters are well groomed before start of every shift
- Has a good knowledge of menu and presentation standards. Be able to follow on orders from the bar and kitchen
- Ensure the restaurant checklist is properly filled and submitted
- Manage and assign duties to the restaurant and bar staff
- Record all transactions, prepare and share daily sales reports. Manage restaurant margins and costs within the budgets
- Manage costs and ensure they are in line with sales without compromising quality
- Manage the department in an entrepreneurial manner, looking for opportunities to generate more business at all times. Ensure sales are driven to the department’s full potential and budgets are adhered to.
- Schedules periodic food and beverage service staff meetings to ensure correct interpretation of policies and obtain feedback from staff members. Train and ensure growth of Internal talents.
- Manage restaurant stock and inventory. Ensure the stocks are tallied on a daily basis.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Must have achieved atleast a C+ or equivalent in highschool
- Must have a certificate in hotel management or its equivalent
- Should be a team player
- Should be able to multitask
- Should be able to work on weekends and night shifts
- Minimum of 3 years experience, preferably in a 4 or 5 star hotel
- Covid-19 vaccination certificate